Saturday, October 9, 2010

Apologies for Small Hiatus

As you may have noticed, I stopped posting for a little while. The reason was that I was selected to serve on a jury for the last few weeks and it was quite an involved court case. For non-American readers of this blog, in the US court system, members of the public are randomly picked to serve as potential jurors for court cases. I've been called for jury service before, but this is the first time that I was actually picked as a juror. The judge told us at the beginning of the trial to not post anything about the case in blogs/websites during the duration of the trial. As the trial involved firearms, I decided to take a little time away from posting, just in case I accidentally posted something that could cause a mistrial to be declared.

I'm happy to say that I've finished my jury obligations and therefore I'm free to post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment